“If I can’t dance, I don’t want to be part of your revolution.” – Emma Goldman
I can’t think of a better Every Day Adventure than dancing. I start my days singing and dancing and keep it going in the car and recently decided I should put more dance into my nightlife, too, which is where Groovy’s, a classic dance club in OKC, comes in. Disco ball, smoke machine, confetti, Y-M-C-A, great drinks and strangely you feel you have more energy as the night wears on instead of less. When did you last dance – whether it’s Tom Cruise Risky Business style or in a club? Here’s 5 reasons I think you should just dance.
1. You feel ageless when you dance. When the music takes over and you cut loose, you are just purely living. Yes, you may remember how old your bones are the next day, but then you remember how alive you felt on the dance floor and it’s all worth it. That’s what ibuprofen is for.
2. You can’t be in a bad mood while dancing. It’s a stress reliever. It’s a smile inducer. Even if you don’t attempt to twerk.
3. You already sit on your butt all day long. Yeah, a lot of “nights out” involve more sitting – dinner, movies, plays, all on your ass. If you’re like me and have a desk job, then you really need to get up and shake your groove thing.
4. It’s more fun than the treadmill. So it’s fun *and* you can burn some serious calories? Score. I love when exercise mashes up with cocktails.
5. It’s social. I’ve been reading lots of depressing research about the sad state of “alone together” where we get together but we’re all on our phones. That’s not a problem on the dance floor. You make eye contact, laugh and shake your booties with your besties and strangers, alike. So what are you waiting for? Let’s dance! See you at Groovy’s.